For this collection, we decided to do things a bit differently: Instead of shooting the fall clothes on professional models, we invited some of our favorite fashion stylists and bloggers for a fun day in Jerusalem. After pampering them with hair (talented hairstylist Racheli Bar Chanin) and makeup (the amazing Rivka Aharon), Photographer Yonatan Halperin took their photos of our autumn collection with some of our favorite Jerusalem views as a backdrop.
The result? A group of beautiful, talented ladies who not only modeled the collection but also show how the clothes look on different body types and different styles – women with whom we all would like to have coffee. In the next few weeks, we’ll use this space to share the interviews we’ve done with each of them. First up: Efrat Cohen, stylist and blogger extraordinaire, whom you might know from her modest fashion blog Duchess.
Scroll down to read more:
1. When did you start your blog?
Almost 3 years ago.
2. How would you describe your style?
I’d say it’s casual-classic.
3. Do you have a secret hobby?
Yes, I’m into horseback riding.
4. What’s your signature accessory?
A Star of David pendant necklace made of a combination of gold and silver with tiny stones.
5. What’s your current favorite scent?
6. What’s one thing you don’t leave home without?
A room-temperature mineral water bottle. Must have.
7. Name one piece that you keep wearing over and over again
A dress my brother managed to wreck. Baruch Hashem for talented dressmakers who fix things!
8. Why do you love fashion?
It’s a global inspiration. I like taking international trends and “modestifying” them so they better fit my lifestyle – or any other woman of faith that also enjoys fashion and doesn’t want to give it up.
9. If you could only wear one kind of skirt, what would it be?
A high waisted, knee-length pencil skirt.
10. What’s your favorite trend right now?
I love the bright colors, inspired by the 80s, which are making a comeback.
11. What’s one trend you’re hoping will disappear forever?
Chiffon! See-through fabrics are not my cup of tea.
12. Who’s your favorite famous fashionista?
13. My favorite hobby besides fashion…
Reading! I’m a bookworm.
14. What’s one item you’ll never wear?
Overalls as dresses. They doesn’t really exist, do they? Thank goodness!
15.What would you say to someone who thinks fashion and Torah can’t go together?
That attitude might be right for some people. However, I feel and believe that in this world, the spiritual and the material go hand in hand.
16. When you think of autumn, you think of…
It can’t come soon enough!
17. What makes a regular outfit into a “Duchess” outfit?
A playful take on the hairstyle, the shoes, the accessories.
Thank you, Efrat!